Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Lessons Learned

So what are the lessons from the last three months.

1.  Doing what we have done brought us both a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction.  I've lost weight and am generally much healthier.  And I'm in far better shape than when we first camped at Grand Canyon.  Didn't reach the ten miles/day goal, but made substantial progress.  That's the upside.  What's the downside?  Beats me!  I don't think there was one.

2.  I knew I needed a "time-out" from The Sea Ranch, that my health had suffered from my last 18 months on the Board, that I'd gained weight from nervous eating, and that I was woefully out of shape.  What I've learned is just how much stress I was under - and the determination not to let myself get stressed out that way again.  The Sea Ranch isn't worth dying for.

3.  As noted, we can happily live a simple, "pack it all in the Prius," life.  Time to get rid of a lot of clutter.

4.  It's nice to be back in the house at The Sea Ranch, but we're both looking forward to being in a tent again, soon.b

No comments:

Post a Comment